Friday, November 16, 2012

DIY Citrus Coasters for the Summer!

I was browsing Pinterest when I came across this really cute citrus DIY coaster idea from this lovely website. I wanted to try it on my own since I've been looking for some cute coasters. They're a little more "summer-y" than what I wanted, but after making a few, I realized how adorable they would look on a summer day!


I'll leave the directions to the rightful owner (again, the link is here!). The directions are easy to follow if you want to give it a go. But I basically went to my local arts and crafts store and bought some felt in a few bright colors. Everything else, like the string, scissors, and pins, I already had at home so it was relatively cheap and easy!



I arranged every little piece accordingly, pinned them, and starting sewing the pieces together. 



I think they came out cute! Can't wait to use them.





A few other felt DIY coasters I found were these "tree stump coasters" that are absolutely adorable and a little more nuetral colored (if you don't want to go super bright) and then these apple ones that are also really unique and cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment